Saturday, August 16, 2014

PRK Eye surgery - Day 6

Day 6 - contact removal day.  The contact lenses they put in on the surgery day have been feeling increasingly sticky and  sore.  I could hardly wait to get them out.  I woke up in the morning with off and on sharp pains in my right eye which I think was caused by the contact getting dry.  I used tons of the BION drops today to keep them lubricated.  I let my niece drive me to my appointment in Vancouver and we went shopping for a bit before and after.  The doctor looked at my eyes and said they were healing well.  He took the contacts out and gave me a new drop schedule.  He said I would struggle with close up reading and computer work and he highly recommended I take the rest of the week off of work.  He gave me some reading glasses and I tried them, found them useless so he gave me stronger ones.  He told me to come back in three weeks.

After we left the office we went shopping on Robson street.  It was pretty funny because my close up reading was terrible.  I couldn't read any labels or price tags.  Kept having to ask my niece to tell me how much things were.

I drove her home to Abbotsford and by the time I left her house it was getting dark.  Oops!  The drive from Abbotsford to Langley was sketchy.  As it got dark, the halos and night vision got really bad.  I just prayed the whole way home!  I made it in one piece by the grace of God and by the fact that I drive that road everyday.  I probably drove by memory more than sight.

By the time I got home my head ached and my eyes burned.  I put all the required drops in, took a pain killer and went to bed. I really overdid it!


No comments: