Friday, August 8, 2014

PRK Eye surgery - Day 2

I slept soundly thought the first night thanks to an Oxazapam. I woke up at 4 am so I took all the drops as required.  My left eye was a bit tender and I may have bumped it.

My drop schedule is 1 drop 4 times a day of each of these:

Vigamox antibiotic
Acuvail anti-inflammatory
Predas corticosteroid
Bion tears - as much as is needed (refrigerate for cool, soothing relief)

My left eye is really starting to hurt.  I'll tell them at the clinic.

I showered with my Ray Charles glasses on to protect my eyes from splashing, then headed off to the clinic.  1 hour drive, 15 min check, 1 hour drive home.

They checked my eyes and said it all looks good.  I told them about my left eye hurting and that I might have bumped it and they put in a numbing drop.  I had been avoiding the numbing drops because when Scott had his eye surgery he was using them up and getting refills and they said it was slowing his healing.  They said it's ok to use them a bit, just not too much. They also gave me 4 Ativan to help me sleep.  They said I shouldn't go to work for another week and filled out my doctors form for work.  We will see about that.  A week is a long time!

Returned home for another day in the dark.  Feel pretty good today though.  Took regular Tylenol only.  And lots of Bion tears. I'll check in tomorrow.

No comments: