Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's a start...



I'm on my way from misery to happiness today...uh huh uh huh uh huh..

OTN...Just Bamboo by Sirdar (pattern 8874) A simple vest with a frill on the front. Just wanted to test the yarn and after the toe up, magic loop, lace pattern socks I just needed something easy. It took me 4 months to knit those!

Happiness is a decision not an event. I had the thought today that I need to decide to let my life give me happiness. Nothing or no-one in my life will give me happiness as a gift, wrapped up to open and enjoy. It is a gift I have to choose to give myself. There are so many things in my life that I am letting get me down. I am easily disappointed and discouraged. I have made a decision to let myself be happy and let go of the disappointment that I allow to entangle me when life isn't easy.


On a lighter note, S is up to something. I am a bit afraid to get excited about it but he kept getting phone calls from his sister, who he never talks to, "about her move". But S is a man who never does anything without checking with me (drives me bonkers, make a decision man!) but last night he kept leaving the room to talk to his sister and you've never seen him jump up so fast to answer the phone. Bizarre behaviour like this can only mean one thing: he's got a plan. Now I have been married to this man for 13 years and he does not "do" surprises. Not once. It might have something to do with the fact that last year at this time he FORGOT our anniversary. Completely. And it wasn't the first time. So, I am not going to get too excited because for a man who has NEVER done ANYTHING like this (and I am not exaggerating), to execute a surprise trip to Starbucks sans kids would be a feat. So I am going to expect something of that nature. I will keep my camera in my purse and post pictures. This could be fun.

Also, my dog is sick. I am a bit scared about this. She is really lethargic, won't eat, won't poop...it's a problem. May go to the vet tomorrow if she is not better. I just gave her a dose of castor oil. Hope this helps. Problem is that she likes (!) to eat my socks. She's probably having trouble passing one. Luckily she doesn't have a preference for wool socks...mostly the silky, synthetic type socks.

Still trying to screw up enough courage to start the Kauni.

...entangled

No comments: